Pastor Fraser Pearce
Fraser was born in Adelaide in 1969, and baptised at St Stephen’s, Wakefield Street. When quite young he moved to Sydney with his family, and grew up in the suburbs, attending St Mark’s Lutheran Church, Epping, where he was confirmed. Since ordination in 1997 Fraser served as assistant pastor at St Paul’s, Box Hill, Victoria, as pastor at Bethlehem, Bendigo, Victoria, and as senior pastor at Bethlehem, Flinders Street, Adelaide.
Fraser is married to Margaret and has four children. He enjoys spending time with friends, listening to music, reading, and watching cricket clips on YouTube.
- The Latin theological and liturgical heritage of the Lutheran church
- Approved to teach in Spirituality as a sessional lecturer.
- Australian Lutheran/Roman Catholic Dialogue
- LCA Commission of Theology and Inter-Church Relations
- LCA Department of Liturgics
Qualifications in detail
- Bachelor of Arts (The University of Sydney, 1991)
- Master of Arts (The University of Sydney, 1993)
- Bachelor of Theology (Luther Seminary, Adelaide, 1996)
- Graduate Diploma in Ministry (Luther Seminary, Adelaide, 1997)
Papers and publications
The Lutheran Study Bible. St Louis, MO: Concordia Publishing House. Contributing writer of Study Notes.
’Scripture, tradition and authoritative teaching: a Lutheran response to a Catholic invitation.’ Lutheran Theological Journal 43, no. 3: 178–86.
‘Deus Caritas est: a review.’ Lutheran Theological Journal 40, no. 2: 98–100.