Public lectures are held at ALC at various times across the academic year. These include:
- Opening lectures: ALC teaching staff present from their current or recent research
- Fritzsche Oration: highlighting the contribution of theologians of the Church to the history of Australian Lutheranism
- Ad hoc lectures from visiting theologians
Some of these lectures are made available online to the wider church community via live streaming during the event and/or via a video recording to watch later.
Dr Beverly Yahnke (Executive Director for Christian Counsel at DOXOLOGY, The Lutheran Center for Spiritual Care and Counsel in Brookfield, WI, USA) presented a series of three lectures on pastoral care.
- 'The Importance of Referrals'
- 'Resilient Strategies for Overcommitted Pastors and Layworkers'
- 'Pastoral Awareness and Care for Mental Health Realities in the Parish'
Rev Dr Thomas Winger (Principal of Concordia Lutheran Theological Seminary, St Catharines, Ont., Canada) presented ‘The place of the epistle reading in the Divine Service’ at ALC on 16 August 2018.
Rev Ray Schulz presented 'Which Greek New Testament text do I choose?’ as a resource for students and pastors.
- See 'Which Greek New Testament text do I choose?’ by Rev Ray Schulz on YouTube.