Parkville Plus and Adelaide Joint postgraduate seminars
The Parkville Plus series is a collaborative academic forum of the University of Divinity, run in conjunction with Pilgrim Theological College and Whitley College. Each seminar will be hosted by a specific college and include a range of three papers that consider research undertaken by staff, students and honorary or visiting scholars from each of the participating colleges. Participants can join a hub at ALC or attend online.
Joint postgraduate seminars are organised by Adelaide’s theological colleges: Adelaide College of Divinity (in partnership with Flinders University), ALC, St Barnabas College and Tabor. This series is aimed at postgraduate students and early career researchers. Seminars generally include three papers.
In August the Parkville Plus and Adelaide Joint postgraduate seminar will be a combined event hosted by ALC.
Anyone who is interested is welcome. For events held at ALC, free parking is available along Ward Street (2-hour limit).
Next seminar at ALC
- When: Monday 15 August 2022, 1:30–4:30pm (SA time | Check my time)
- Where: ALC, corner Ward & Jeffcott Streets, North Adelaide | Online via Zoom
- More details and how to register: Parkville Plus/Joint postgraduate seminar—15 August 2022
- Program summary:
|1:30 pm||Paper 1 (full paper) Kerrin Huth
‘Exploring the use of story as a pedagogically beneficial support for teaching Christian Studies in the early years of primary school’
|2:45 pm||Paper 2 (short paper) Jo Bertil
‘Language As Metaphor for Faith’
|3:30 pm||Paper 3 (full paper) Katherin Papadopoulos
‘Reading in Squares: The relationship between Eusebius's Chronicle and History’
|4:30 pm||Wine and Cheese for on-campus attendees|
2022 Parkville Plus seminar dates:
- Monday 14 March – Pilgrim
- Monday 11 April – ALC
- Monday 16 May –Whitley
- Monday 15 August – ALC
- Monday 12 September –Whitley
- Monday 10 October –Pilgrim
Timing is 12:30pm–4:30pm Adelaide time as a rough guide.
2022 Joint postgraduate seminar dates:
- Monday 21 March, 12:45–3:30 pm – St Barnabas College
- Monday 23 May, 12:45–3:30 pm – Uniting College
- Monday 15 August, 12:45–3:30 pm – ALC
- Monday 24 October, 12:45–3:30 pm – Tabor