Unit content includes: learning the particularities of Hebrew grammar and syntax and biblical vocabulary with a view to being able to read Hebrew and translate into English; developing the skills to employ standard resources (lexicon, Hebrew grammar) in the translation of texts from the Hebrew Bible.
Discipline: Biblical Languages
Study level: Postgraduate Elective
- AL9001L Hebrew 1 or equivalent
- Current scheduling information is available at Hebrew 2 (AL9002L).
- Note: this unit is offered every alternate year.
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Dr Adam Hensley