Biblical Texts and Traditions
In this unit students will consider how the Scriptures of Old and New Testaments represent living traditions rather than mere inert texts, including:
- how the formation of the biblical canon reflects the living nature of the texts within the Jewish people and the Christian community
- how the tradition lives on in the ways Christian communities, including Lutheran, have understood and used the Scriptures
- how the biblical meta-narrative with Christ at its centre forms the heart of the tradition.
Discipline: Biblical Studies
Study level: Postgraduate Elective
- At least 24 points in Biblical Studies or equivalent.
Current scheduling information is available at BS9104L - Biblical Texts and Traditions (Online).
- Refer to the current Student handbook for required texts.
- Learning outcomes, assessment details and recommended texts are provided before the scheduled unit start date.
Dr Stephen Haar