Pastoral Care and Counselling
This unit provides a review of counselling methodology and issues. The unit also addresses the nature of counselling within a pastoral care and parish context, considering ethical concerns and responding to the questions of God’s love and goodness in lived human experiences. It introduces students to specialised contexts of care and counselling: crisis, sickness, death, grief and mental illness.
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Postgraduate Elective
- At least 24 points in Field D—Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DP3006L Pastoral Care and Counselling
- Current scheduling information is available at Pastoral Care and Counselling (DP9006L).
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Dr Stephen Pietsch