Education and Theology in Dialogue
The unit begins with research into the nature of truth, along with the particular contributions of both theology and educational theory to the practice of education. Students examine some theological themes important for educational practice along with particular Lutheran theological emphases associated with them. These theological themes may include creation, the two kingdoms, law and gospel, Christian as saint and sinner, theology of the cross, church and ministry, sacrament, and vocation.
Central to the unit is research by each student into a specific issue in education and the way in which it can be informed by theology.
Discipline: Education Studies
Study level: Postgraduate Elective
- Biblical Texts and Traditions and Theological Foundations for Educators, or their equivalent, are desirable
- Optional workshops are available in some study periods. Dates and details are advised in the current Higher Education Workshop Calendar published on the calendars and timetables page.
- Current scheduling information is available at DE9116L - Education and Theology in Dialogue (Online) and DE9316L - Education and Theology in Dialogue (Blended).
- Refer to the current Student handbook for required texts.
- Learning outcomes, assessment details and recommended texts are provided before the scheduled unit start date.