Leading Worship and Pastoral Acts in Ministry Context
This Supervised Theological Field Education unit focuses especially on developing the basic skills needed for leading public worship using the resources of the Lutheran Church of Australia. The student is given the opportunity to become familiar with what is involved in preparing and co-ordinating public worship, leading orders of worship in the context of congregational life in the Lutheran Church of Australia and the contextual issues involved in the enactment of the rites of baptism, confirmation, marriage and funeral in the ministry context. Professional ministry standards including safeguarding underpin this unit.
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Undergraduate Level 3
- 36 points in the discipline of Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies (DP)—normally DP3003L Parish Ministry and DP3012L Liturgics, or equivalent
- Prior to commencement of placement, completion of learning module on the University code of conduct as well as safeguarding processes, including children and vulnerable persons, as required by the LCA
- Current scheduling information is available at Leading Worship and Pastoral Acts in Ministry Context (DP3022L).
- Normally only available to pastoral ministry candidates.
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Dr Andrew Pfeiffer