Ministry Placement: Leading Worship and Pastoral Acts
This Supervised Theological Field Education unit provides a formal learning process, including reflection and supervision, which enables a student to gain practical experience in an actual ministry content. The student is given the opportunity to become familiar with what is involved in preparing and co-ordinating public worship, leading orders of worship in the context of congregational life in the Lutheran Church of Australia and the contextual issues involved in the enactment of the rites of baptism, confirmation, marriage and funeral in the ministry context. LCA professional ministry standards including safeguarding underpin this unit.
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Postgraduate Elective
- At least 48 points in Field D—Theology: Mission and Ministry
- Prior to commencement of placement, completion of the following: learning module on the University code of conduct; safeguarding processes, including children and vulnerable persons, as required by the LCA.
- Current scheduling information is available at Ministry Placement: Leading Worship and Pastoral Acts (DP9022L).
- Normally offered only to LCA pastoral candidates.
- Enrolment only permitted in the final two semesters of the degree.
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Dr Andrew Pfeiffer