Ministry Placement: Writing and Preaching a Sermon
This Supervised Theological Field Education unit focuses especially on developing the skills of writing and preaching the sermon. The student will practise exegetical skills by working with lectionary readings for the preparation and delivery of sermons in a ministry context. The preparation and delivery will be regularly evaluated with both the STFE Workplace Director and Coordinator. LCA professional ministry standards including safeguarding underpin this unit.
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Postgraduate Elective
- 48 points in the discipline of Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- Prior to commencement of placement, completion of a learning module on the University code of conduct; safeguarding processes, including children and vulnerable persons, as required by the LCA.
- Current scheduling information is available at Ministry Placement: Writing and Preaching a Sermon (DP9021L).
- Normally offered only to LCA pastoral candidates.
- Enrolment only permitted in the final two semesters of the degree.
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Dr Stephen Pietsch