Pastoral Care and Visitation in Ministry Context
This Supervised Theological Field Education unit focuses especially on providing students with the opportunity for practising people-helping skills in a ministry context. Students learn about and experience pastoral care and visitation in a field experience under supervision of an STFE Workplace Director. Students are given a range of contexts for pastoral care and visitation and provided opportunity to practise using pastoral resources appropriately in a variety of care and visitation situations. Professional ministry standards including safeguarding underpin this unit.
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Undergraduate Level 3
- 36 points in the discipline of Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies (DP)
- Prior to commencement of placement, completion of learning module on the University code of conduct as well as safeguarding processes, including children and vulnerable persons, required by the LCA
- Current scheduling information is available at Pastoral Care and Visitation in Ministry Context (DP3024L).
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Dr Andrew Pfeiffer