Pastoral People 1
This unit offers students an introduction to Christian pastoral care and counselling from the perspective of the lay and/or volunteer pastoral carer, covering the theological dimensions integrated with a practical ‘CARE’ model of basic pastoral care and counselling: connect; actively listen; respond; and encourage.
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Undergraduate Level 1
- There are no previous counselling prerequisites
- Recommended: active involvement within a community or service area, where the student is able to engage in acts of pastoral care and counselling. It is also assumed that participants have grounding in the essentials of the Christian faith.
- Current scheduling information is available at DP1108L - Pastoral People 1 (Online).
- Refer to the current Student handbook for required texts.
- Learning outcomes, assessment details and recommended texts are provided before the scheduled unit start date.