Pastoral People at Work
The purpose of this unit is to provide the student with the opportunity to engage in supervised pastoral care to others, and then to reflect with supervisor(s) and peer(s) on his/her practice of ministry. Over a 12-week semester, the unit consists of, per week, 4–5 hours of pastoral care to people in a stipulated setting (e.g. parish, hospital, etc, or combination of places) as well as 3–4 hours in reflective writing, and 2 hours in consultation with the student’s pastoral supervisor and peer(s)/mentor(s).
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Undergraduate Level 1
- Completion of Pastoral People 1 or Pastoral People 2, or both, is highly desirable.
- Recommended: Active involvement within a community or service area, where the student is able to engage in acts of pastoral care and counselling. It is also assumed that participants have grounding in the essentials of the Christian faith.
- Current scheduling information is available at Pastoral People at Work (DP1035L).
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials
Pastor Richard Haar