Principles and Context of Lutheran Schooling
This unit provides students with the opportunity to investigate and explore the nature of Lutheran schooling today and consider how this is a product of Lutheran Church of Australia doctrine, history and core culture, and the current Australian educational context. Students will also consider their role as teachers in both the educational function and in the mission and ministry of the Church in Lutheran schools. During the second part of the unit, students will revisit the fundamentals of Lutheran theology and begin the career-long process of engaging in the dialogue between education and theology within a Lutheran school context.
Discipline: Education Studies
Study level: Undergraduate Level 2
- It is assumed that students taking this unit are undergraduate teaching students
- Current scheduling information is available at Principles and Context of Lutheran Schooling (DE2007L).
- Online webinars may be offered as enhanced learning experiences for students enrolled in this unit.
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Dr Merryn Ruwoldt