Spiritual Dimensions of Leadership in a Christian School
The unit begins with consideration of the place and importance of spirituality in its various forms within educational leadership, then moves to a focus on Christian spirituality (concentrating on the Lutheran tradition) within its past and present context. The focus then shifts to the place of Christian spirituality in the lives of school leaders, its application to the leadership role, and spiritual disciplines which support that. The final focus embraces the spiritual dimension of school life and leaders’ roles within that. This dimension includes corporate and individual worship and prayer and extends to service as practice of spirituality.
Study level: Masters
- Leadership for a Christian Context or equivalent leadership theory unit
- This unit is normally taught online.
- See the teaching schedules for this unit at DS9001L.
- Refer to the current Student handbook for required texts.
- Learning outcomes, assessment details and recommended texts are provided before the scheduled unit start date.
Pastor Andrew Jaensch