Teaching and Leading Christian Studies
This unit engages students in a close theological and pedagogical study of the Lutheran Education Australia Christian Studies Curriculum Framework and accompanying theological notes. It explores a representative range of theoretical approaches to religious education as well as questions of best practice and assessment in teaching and leading Christian Studies. Students are provided with opportunities to reflect critically on their practice in the light of the theological, pedagogical and leadership theory.
Discipline: Religious Education
Study level: Masters
- Either Biblical Texts and Traditions and Theological Foundations for Educators, or Education and Theology in Dialogue
- This unit is normally taught online.
- See the teaching schedules for this unit at DR9032L.
- Refer to the current Student handbook for required texts.
- Learning outcomes, assessment details and recommended texts are provided before the scheduled unit start date.
Mrs Kerrin Huth