Teaching the Christian Faith in Ministry Context
This Supervised Theological Field Education unit focuses especially on developing further skills in teaching the Christian faith in a variety of situations in the ministry context with varying levels of understanding. The students observe, analyse and reflect on the content and practice of the education in a ministry context and develop and enact a plan to teach either children, young people or adults in aspects of the Christian faith. The student has the opportunity to work co-operatively with the STFE workplace director as well as with ministry context leaders in the education program. Professional ministry standards including safeguarding underpin this unit.
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Undergraduate Level 3
- 36 points in the discipline of Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies (DP), including DP1013L Introduction to Teaching for Ministry, or its equivalent
- Prior to commencement of placement, completion of learning module on the University code of conduct as well as safeguarding processes, including children and vulnerable persons, required by the LCA
- Current scheduling information is available at Teaching the Christian Faith in Ministry Context (DP3023L).
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Dr Andrew Pfeiffer