The Bible Today B
The general purpose of this unit is to introduce students to the literature of the New Testament. Students will focus on the content, literary features, and major theological themes of the New Testament writings. Students will be introduced to basic tools and approaches used in biblical studies and discuss issues of historical background, literary form, culture, society, religious context, formation of the New Testament canon, and the relationship between the two testaments.
Discipline: Biblical Studies
Study level: Undergraduate Level 1
- Bible Introduction 2 or equivalent
- Exploring the Bible
- Biblical studies workshops are available in some study periods. Dates and details are advised in the current Higher Education Workshop Calendar published on the calendars and timetables page.
- Current scheduling information is available at BS1102L (Online) and BS1202L (Face to face)
- Refer to the current Student handbook for required texts.
- Learning outcomes, assessment details and recommended texts are provided before the scheduled unit start date.
Dr Stephen Haar