The Christian Faith in Modern Context
In the unit students examine and reflect on the basic teachings of the Christian faith from a Lutheran theological perspective. Students explore the meaning and significance of the theology linked to each of the three articles of the Apostles Creed. This is done with reference to the contemporary context in which students do theology. The theological focus in the unit is Lutheran with a Christological emphasis, and using an approach which invites students to reflect theologically on the Christian faith in the context of a religiously diverse world.
Discipline: Systematic Theology
Study level: Postgraduate Foundational
- Theological Foundations for Educators
- Workshops may be offered as enhanced learning experiences for students enrolled in this unit. Dates and details are advertised in the current Higher Education Workshop Calendar published on the calendars and timetables page.
- Current scheduling information is available at CT8102L - The Christian Faith in Modern Context (Online).
- Refer to the current Student handbook for required texts.
- Learning outcomes, assessment details and recommended texts are provided before the scheduled unit start date.
Pastor Richard Haar