The One Who Serves: Foundations of Worship and Spirituality
This unit covers three main areas of content:
- Corporate Christian worship—exploring the biblical foundation of worship, the understanding of worship from a Lutheran perspective, the Trinitarian and Christological nature of worship, worship as divine service, the work of the Holy Spirit through Word and Sacrament , and the purpose of the liturgy;
- Personal spiritual formation—exploring Christian spirituality both as a form of practice and as a field of theological inquiry. Luther’s catechetical framework serves as a resource for meditation and prayer as students learn to pray the catechism;
- The relationship between corporate worship and personal spirituality, including the church’s tradition of public prayer as a resource for personal spirituality.
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Undergraduate Level 1
Current scheduling information is available at DP1140L - The One Who Serves: Foundations of Worship and Spirituality (Online) and DP1240L - The One Who Serves: Foundations of Worship and Spirituality (Face to face).
- Refer to the current Student handbook for required texts.
- Learning outcomes, assessment details and recommended texts are provided before the scheduled unit start date.
Dr Andrew Pfeiffer