Theological Foundations for Educators
The unit introduces students to theology for educators, providing a theological foundation for teachers and leaders in Lutheran and other Christian schools. While the unit sits within the discipline of systematic theology, it challenges students to demonstrate theological knowledge, understanding and expertise through theological reflection on educational issues. Students will engage with areas of theology which are especially foundational for the Christian education context. Attention will be given to theology linked to each of the three articles of the Apostles’ Creed. The theological focus in the unit is Lutheran with a Christological emphasis, and using an approach which invites students to consider other theological perspectives in the light of a Lutheran position.
Discipline: Systematic Theology
Study level: Postgraduate Elective
- CT8002L The Christian Faith in Modern Context
- Current scheduling information is available at Theological Foundations for Educators (CT9004L).
- Online extended tutorials may be offered as enhanced learning experiences for students enrolled in this unit. Contact ALC for more information.
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Pastor Richard Haar