Theological Foundations for Educators
The unit introduces students to theology for educators, providing a theological foundation for teachers and leaders in Lutheran and other Christian schools. While the unit sits within the discipline of systematic theology, it challenges students to demonstrate theological knowledge, understanding and expertise through theological reflection on educational issues. Students will engage with areas of theology which are especially foundational for the Christian education context. Attention will be given to theology linked to each of the three articles of the Apostles' Creed. The theological focus in the unit is Lutheran with a Christological emphasis, and using an approach which invites students to consider other theological perspectives in the light of a Lutheran position.
Discipline: Systematic Theology
Study level: Postgraduate Elective
- The Christian Faith in Modern Context
- Systematic Theology workshops are available in some study periods. Dates and details are advised in the current Higher Education Workshop Calendar published on the calendars and timetables page. Contact ALC for more information.
- Current scheduling information is available at CT9104L - Theological Foundations for Educators (Online).
- Refer to the current Student handbook for required texts.
- Learning outcomes, assessment details and recommended texts are provided before the scheduled unit start date.
Pastor Richard Haar