Writing and Preaching a Sermon in Ministry Context
This Supervised Theological Field Education unit focuses especially on developing further the skills of preparing and preaching the sermon. The student will practise exegetical skills by working with lectionary readings for the preparation and delivery of sermons in a ministry context. The preparation and delivery will be regularly evaluated with the STFE Workplace Director. Professional ministry standards including safeguarding underpin this unit
Discipline: Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
Study level: Undergraduate Level 3
- 36 points in the discipline of Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies (DP)—normally DP2015L Preparing the Sermon and DP3016L Preaching the Sermon, or equivalent
- Prior to commencement of placement, completion of learning module on the University code of conduct as well as safeguarding processes, including children and vulnerable persons, required by the LCA
- Current scheduling information is available at Writing and Preaching a Sermon in Ministry Context (DP3021L).
- Normally only available to pastoral ministry candidates.
- Refer to the current Student handbook supplement: unit guide for required texts and scheduled lectures and tutorials.
- Distance students are encouraged to participate in live-streamed lectures and tutorials.
Dr Andrew Pfeiffer