Congregational Leadership Training
Congregational Leadership Training is a training program of the Lutheran Church of Australia and New Zealand (LCA) leaders. Hosted by ALC, the program addresses two key objectives:
- improve capability and performance of congregational leaders
- ensure effective governance at the congregational level.
In approving the LCA Strategic Direction, Synod delegates (2013) recognised that without the functions of governance and leadership, our call to Grow as God’s people and Go as God’s people will be harder to fulfil. Leaders enable our congregation members, pastors and other mission and ministry leaders/workers to do what they are called to do.
Congregational Leadership Training (CLT) units are available to all members of the LCA who have a significant role (e.g. church council members, key governance positions, team leaders.)
CLT starts with ‘Foundations’, an introductory unit for all office-holders and leaders. There are also specific units for chairpersons, secretaries and treasurers. CLT is delivered online, so you can start anytime, anywhere, that suits your leadership teams.
Units for CLT
The training package includes the following units:
- Foundations—Introductory unit for all key office-holders and leaders in congregations
- Chairperson—Specific training for chairpersons
- Secretary—Specific training for secretaries
- Treasurer—Specific training for treasurers
Congregational Leadership Training is available to all members of the LCA for free.
To access CLT training:
- If you already have an @lca.org.au email address and password, you can access Congregational Leadership Training by logging into iLearn.
- If you require access to Congregational Leadership Training and don't have an @lca.org.au email, contact email@example.com to request access.
See if your question is answered on our FAQ page or contact us for more information.