The role-specific unit of Chairperson has been developed with input from experts in governance and congregational leadership.
Here are some comments from leaders who have completed the unit:
- Clear information
- Nicely spoken at a good speed
- Covers quite a lot of information
The Chairperson unit is part of the Congregational Leadership Training (CLT) and is available to all members of the LCA for free.
To access CLT training:
- If you already have an @lca.org.au email address and password, you can access Congregational Leadership Training by logging into iLearn.
- If you require access to Congregational Leadership Training and do not have an @lca.org.au email, please contact email@example.com to request access.
The Chairperson unit will equip you to:
- Preside over meetings
- Monitor council effectiveness
- Set the agenda for meetings
- Support the pastor and other employees
- Understand the skill set required for governance
- Encourage open discussion
- Report regularly to congregational members
- Ensure governance duties are enacted
- Implement LCA district and national policies and procedures
- Understand the responsibilities of the chairperson’s role.
The training is facilitated by an online presentation. Chairperson is offered in a format similar to a webinar presentation, with the participant viewing and listening to the presentation and responding to the short quiz at the end of the presentation.
The content time of Chairperson is 38 minutes.
At the completion of the Chairperson unit, a certificate of completion is available for printing. The certificate is important for both LCA and congregational records.
The Chairperson overview provides a comprehensive outline of the Chairperson unit and includes the learning outcomes.