The role-specific unit of Secretary has been developed with input from experts in governance and congregational leadership.
Here are some comments from leaders who have completed the unit:
- Well-presented and simple to follow
- Very useful for new secretaries
- I felt affirmed that I was covering all requirements
The Secretary unit is part of the Congregational Leadership Training (CLT) and is available to all members of the LCA for free.
To access CLT training:
- If you already have an @lca.org.au email address and password, you can access Congregational Leadership Training by logging into iLearn.
- If you require access to Congregational Leadership Training and do not have an @lca.org.au email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
The Secretary unit will equip you to:
- Keep accurate records
- Manage and archive records
- Attend to correspondence
- Prepare agendas
- Record minutes
- Communicate governance decisions
- Work with the LCA district office
- Maintain a reporting and review schedule
- Be aware of legal requirements particularly in regard to privacy, copyright, and employment standards.
The training is facilitated by an online presentation. Secretary is offered in a format similar to a webinar presentation, with the participant viewing and listening to the presentation and responding to the short quiz at the end of the presentation.
The content time of Secretary is 32 minutes.
At the completion of the Secretary unit, a certificate of completion is available for printing. The certificate is important for both LCA and congregational records.
The Secretary overview provides a comprehensive outline of the Secretary unit and includes the learning outcomes.