Student support services
The University of Divinity Student Support Services Policy requires students to ensure their course advisors are aware of their support needs and avail themselves of support services recommended by the college. Students must also participate in orientation activities as required.
Orientation to the various aspects of study and life at ALC occurs via an introductory webinar and ALC and/or UD online orientation module(s). New students are asked to work through the orientation modules and complete the quiz prior to commencing their first unit of study.
Academic support services
- For course advice and planning refer to your course information page and contact ALC at: email@example.com
- For assistance with study skills contact the Academic Dean through the Dean's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For student mentoring support information, contact the Dean's office at email@example.com.
- For ARK support go to ARK student support. If you don't find an answer to your query email ARK@alc.edu.au.
- For assistance understanding learning materials contact your lecturer via email in the first instance.
- For access to library resources go to ALC Library. You can search the catalogue or email library staff for resource and research help. Access additional databases, journals and e-books through the UD Library Hub.
- For referencing an assignment guidance refer to the ALC style guide Write On!.
- For quick links to extension forms, assessment-related policies, administrative documents and other student information log in to Student essentials.
- For access to your enrolment data and results go to Paradigm, for help with log in details email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and well-being
- Fire, Police, Ambulance: 000
- See also the Hebart Hall: building evacuation policy and procedure
- Royal Adelaide Hospital, Port Road Adelaide SA 5000, (08) 7074 0000
- Legal Services Commission of South Australia http://www.lsc.sa.gov.au/ 1300 366 424
- Contact the Dean's office for pastoral support at email@example.com.
Support for overseas students
Emergency assistance after-hours
- If you require urgent assistance after hours, please call the University’s after-hours hotline on 1800 775 691.
- Apply to ALC to get a student concession card for public transport.
Maintaining your student visa
- Note the conditions of your visa as well as your visa and passport expiry dates.
- Please contact ALC urgently if you have any issues in relation to maintaining your visa conditions which for students on VISA 500 includes your course attendance.
English language skills assistance
- For information on our English language skills assistance, refer to the overseas student information handbook.
ALC can recommend additional services to students. Refer also to the Policies page for policies and procedures which cover a range of ALC’s responsibilities.
For any additional information, contact the Dean’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org.