Diploma in Theology
The Diploma in Theology introduces students to the key theological disciplines of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought and History. This may be extended by further study in those disciplines or by electives in the area of practical ministry studies. It may be possible for students to undertake study in a ministry setting as part of the course.
Graduates of the Diploma in Theology
- have sound foundational skills for critical study of Christian texts.
- have skills to articulate foundational theological and scriptural knowledge and reflection.
- have developed clear analytical skills allowing them to analyse and communicate sound theological arguments.
- apply their skills and knowledge to their own and other contexts and traditions.
- apply their skills and knowledge to the service of others through practical engagement and in contexts such as conversation.
The Diploma in Theology consists of 8 units (144 points). The structure of the award is
- 2 units in Biblical Studies
- 2 units in Christian Thought and History
- a further 4 units
View the units scheduled for delivery in 2023:
Other units may be available for study in this award. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for course advice.
- Successful completion of Year 12 in an Australian secondary school, or equivalent.
- Probationary admission is available to approved persons aged 21 or greater who have not completed Year 12.
Key admission policies
Where the first language is other than English, please see the English language proficiency requirements in the Admissions Policy.
ALC operates with a policy of credit transfer and recognition of prior learning (RPL); see the Credit Policy.
- Yes—this course can be studied entirely online.
- Yes—this course is registered for FEE-HELP.
- Yes—this course is available to both domestic and overseas students.
- CRICOS code: 075250F
- The Diploma in Theology is an accredited AQF level 5 course of the University of Divinity (UD).
- For further information, see UD course information for Diploma in Theology.
- The Diploma in Theology may comprise the first year of an Advanced Diploma or Bachelor award.