Mrs Kerrin Huth
Kerrin was born in Brisbane, moved to the beautiful Lockyer Valley at age 10, and continues living there today. She is married with four children (now adults) and loves spending time with family. Her passion for working with children began in her teenage years and developed through supporting children’s ministry in her church. This led her to primary teaching and for 29 years she taught in both State and Lutheran schools. Lutheran Education Queensland provided an opportunity to pursue her passion for teaching and leading Christian Studies through a secondment to support Christian Studies in Queensland Lutheran Schools as well as facilitating EQUIP training for teachers of Christian Studies. This in turn led her to ALC, allowing her to continue working with teachers of Christian Studies while following God’s call on her life.
- Professional: early childhood, drama and children’s ministry activities and worship including school worship
- Personal: family events including watching sport with them or watching my children play
- Teaching and Leading Christian Studies
- Teaching in a Lutheran Education Context
- The Practice of Lutheran Education
- Chairperson and board member for various church organisations catering to retirement living, disability services, and schools.
Qualifications in detail
- Diploma of Teaching (Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education, 1988)
- Bachelor of Education (Queensland University of Technology, 1992)
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Early Childhood) (Queensland University of Technology, 1998)
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Australian Lutheran College, Adelaide, 2008)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership (Australian Catholic University, 2012)
- Master of Education (Australian Lutheran College, Adelaide, 2012)