Australian Lutheran College (ALC) respects and protects the privacy of users. ALC complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles, which form part of that Act, incorporating amendments made by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
Site visit data
This site is hosted by commercial web hosting facilities. Visits are logged using information provided by your browser:
- the address of the server you are using
- your operating system
- the top level domain from which you access the Internet (for example .gov, .com, .edu, .org, .au, .nz etc)
- the type of browser you use
- the date and time you visited the site
- the pages you have accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous Internet address from which you linked directly to our site
- the Internet address to which you link directly from our site
This information is collected for statistical analysis only and no attempt is made by ALC to identify browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider's logs.
Email management—collection of *personal information
Your email address will only be recorded if you choose to send us a message. We will use it only for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list. We will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it unless you give your consent.
ALC provides a secure and reliable system. You should be aware, however, that there may be inherent risks associated with the transmission of information over the Internet. For those not wanting to take those risks we provide alternate means of communication.
If you prefer not to use electronic means, you can write to us at 104 Jeffcott St North Adelaide SA 5006, or freecall 1800 625 193.
*The use of the term ‘personal information’ in this privacy statement means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.