Graduate Diploma in Divinity
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity allows students to explore multiple areas of interest in divinity and its associated disciplines or to engage with one or two areas in depth. It serves as a foundation for study of theology or philosophy and disciplines which are associated with them.
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Divinity
- have advanced knowledge in one or more areas of divinity and associated disciplines
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to postgraduate study
- apply skills of interpretation to texts or concepts
- apply judgement based on theory, practice and tradition to contemporary issues.
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity consists of 6 standard Postgraduate Foundational or Postgraduate Elective units (144 points).
View the units scheduled for delivery in 2023:
If you want to explore a topic more deeply or you have a specialist interest, discuss this with your course advisor. Students looking to prepare for a research degree often include Research Methodologies (RQ9021C) and Minor Thesis (RQ9748M) in this award.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for course advice.
To be eligible for admission an applicant must have
- completed an undergraduate degree or a graduate certificate, and either
- completed the equivalent of 72 points of theological study at the University of Divinity or another higher education provider, or
- completed 144 points of study towards a Master’s award at the University of Divinity.
Where the first language is other than English, please see the English language proficiency requirements in the Admissions Policy.
ALC operates with a policy of credit transfer and recognition of prior learning (RPL); see the Credit Policy.
- Yes—this course can be studied entirely online.
- Yes—this course is registered for FEE-HELP.
- Yes—this course is available to both overseas and domestic students.
- CRICOS code: 110822B
- The Graduate Diploma in Divinity is an accredited AQF level 8 course of the University of Divinity (UD).
- For further information, see UD's course information for Graduate Diploma in Divinity.