Government financial assistance
The Australian Government offers financial assistance to tertiary students, including the main payments listed below. See Payments for students and trainees for all types of support.
- Austudy is a payment to eligible full-time students over the age of 25.
- Youth Allowance is a payment to eligible full-time students under the age of 25.
- ABSTUDY provides financial support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are studying or undertaking an Australian Apprenticeship.
- Student Start-up Loan is available to eligible full-time students to help with the up-front costs of studying, such as textbooks and specialised equipment.
- Relocation Scholarship is an annual payment for eligible people on Youth Allowance and ABSTUDY Living Allowance who have to live away from the family home to study.
- Education Entry Payment is paid to eligible students returning to study or training to improve skills and qualifications.
Students subject to financial hardship may be eligible to apply for a University Bursary. Please consult the Bursary policy before completing a Bursary Application form. Ensure you contact your College for assistance prior to submission.