Student support services
The University of Divinity Student Support Services Policy advises students to ensure their course advisors are aware of their needs, to participate in orientation events and to avail themselves of student support services recommended by their College.
Orientation to the various aspects of study and life at ALC occurs via our online ‘Student essentials’ module in ARK, the University of Divinity’s online learning platform. All the administrative documents and other information students might need during their study at ALC can be found here.
New students are asked to work through the orientation module and complete the quiz prior to commencing their first unit of study.
Academic support services
- For course advice and planning refer to your course information page and contact ALC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your lecturer is contactable via email or phone for discussion about the unit content, resources and assessment.
- See textbooks for instructions about required texts and additional unit resources.
- Log in to Student essentials for quick links to extension forms, assessment-related policies, administrative documents and other information you might need during your journey as a student at ALC.
- For access to your enrolment data and results go to Paradigm, UD’s student record system.
- The ALC Library has a wide range of print and electronic resources. You can search the catalogue or email library staff for resource and research help.
- You can also access databases, journals and e-books through the UD Library Hub and some additional resources through ALC e-resources.
- During the first semester of enrolment, on campus students are provided with opportunities to develop study, research and writing skills.
- The ALC style guide Write On! includes guidelines for the presentation of assignments.
- For student mentoring support information, contact the Dean's office on email@example.com.
- Go to ARK student support for advice, or email ARK@alc.edu.au if you are having difficulties using ARK.
- For help with Paradigm access, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and well-being
- Fire, Police, Ambulance: 000
- See also the Hebart Hall: building evacuation policy and procedure
- Royal Adelaide Hospital, Port Road Adelaide SA 5000, (08) 7074 0000
- Legal Services Commission of South Australia http://www.lsc.sa.gov.au/ 1300 366 424
- Lutheran Community Care (general and marriage counselling) (08) 8269 9300
- Lifeline 13 11 14 (24 hours a day)
- Community Caregiver Contact email@example.com
- Pastoral support Care group leader as advised to enrolled on campus students.
Support for overseas students
Emergency assistance after-hours
- If you require urgent assistance after hours, please call the University’s after-hours hotline on 1800 775 691.
- Apply to ALC to get a student concession card for public transport.
Maintaining your student visa
- As an overseas student note the conditions of your visa as well as your visa and passport expiry dates.
- Please contact us urgently if you have any issues in relation to maintaining your visa conditions which for students on VISA 500 includes your course attendance.
English language skills assistance
- For information on our English language skills assistance, refer to the overseas student information handbook.
ALC can recommend additional services to students. Refer also to the Policies page for policies and procedures which cover a range of ALC’s responsibilities.
For any additional information, contact the Dean’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org.