Graduate Certificate in Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership allows students to focus on the spirituality of organisations and to integrate spirituality, leadership and organisational transformation. Graduates are equipped to meet the challenge of new moral imperatives facing the world.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Leadership
- have knowledge of how processes, structures, skills and attitudes impact on organisational development at different stages
- have skills in reflection, research and communication required for effective engagement in organisations
- have engaged with conscious and unconscious processes in self and other, informed by the pedagogy and dynamics of the Spiritual Exercises as applied to groups as well as to individuals
- apply key concepts of organisational behaviour, systems thinking and spirituality to the task of leadership, including processes which facilitate healthy organisational development and transformation.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership consists of 3 standard units (72 points). The program at ALC (Leadership in Christian Education) has 2 core and 1 elective unit.
Units available for this award:
- DA9001L Leadership for a Christian Context (Core)
- DE9016L Education and Theology in Dialogue (Core)
- DE9035L Ethics, Values and Decision Making for Educators (Elective)
- DS9001L Spiritual Dimensions of Leadership in a Christian School (Elective)
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree or an approved equivalent, or
- a minimum of five years of relevant work experience or relevant professional attainment to a standard recognised by the Academic Board.
Where the first language is other than English, please see the English language proficiency requirements in the Admissions Policy.
ALC operates with a policy of credit transfer and recognition of prior learning (RPL); see the Credit Policy.
- Yes—this course can be studied entirely online.
- Yes—this course is registered for FEE-HELP.
- No—this course is only available for domestic students.