Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity offers students an opportunity to explore a range of theological, philosophical and ministry-related studies. Students may explore new or develop existing knowledge and skills for vocational and professional purposes. The Undergraduate Certificate provides a pathway to further undergraduate studies in divinity-related areas and is a foundation for lifelong learning.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity is an undergraduate qualification taught in English which normally takes one semester of full-time study or two semesters of part-time study.
Graduates of the Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity
- have knowledge of some foundational concepts in the study of divinity.
- apply basic skills of interpretation to texts and concepts.
- apply knowledge and skills in contemporary contexts.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity requires successful completion of 4 units (72 points) at undergraduate level from any discipline except Professional Counselling (DZ).
Students may explore one or more areas such as:
- Biblical Studies
- Mission and Ministry
- Successful completion of Year 12 in an Australian secondary school, or equivalent.
- Probationary admission is available to approved persons aged 21 or greater who have not completed Year 12.
Key admission policies
Where the first language is other than English, please see the English language proficiency requirements in the Admissions Policy.
ALC operates with a policy of credit transfer and recognition of prior learning (RPL); see the Credit Policy.
- Yes—this course can be studied entirely online.
- Yes—this course is registered for FEE-HELP.
- No—this course is only available for domestic students.
- The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity is an accredited course of the University of Divinity (UD). Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Bachelor units are eligible for study.
- For further information, see UD course information for the Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity serves as an entry point to the University’s undergraduate awards in theology, philosophy and ministry.
Graduates may proceed to a Diploma in Theology, an Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry, an Advanced Diploma in Philosophy, or to the Bachelor of Ministry or Bachelor of Theology.